Exodus 14:14

"You only need to remain calm; the Lord will fight for you.”Exodus 14:14

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

You are not Alone

I am a wife of a Athletic Director/Coach and a Mom to two wonderful children.  Andrew is 10 and Anna is 7.  I am also a Choral Director of our local school and have taught choir/music for 19 years. 

Two years ago, I heard the dreaded words on the phone, "Unfortunately it is cancer."  My life and the life of my family forever changed.  Three thoughts crossed my mind;
1. What about my family?
2.  What about the Praise Team at Church? and
3. What about my kids at school? 

I knew right away that I would not quit singing on the Praise Team and certainly would not stop teaching choir to my students at school and also would continue to be a wife and mom.  But as much as I like to be independent, I knew I could not fight this battle alone.  I knew God would be with me but I knew it was going to be a community effort to get us through this crisis.

I plan to share with you my journey in hopes that it may help you know that others have and are going through what you are facing right now. You may have just found out you too have breast cancer or any cancer or you may be right in the middle of chemo........One of my favorite new verses from the Bible is:
"You only need to remain calm; the Lord will fight for you." Exodus 14:14
Wherever you are in your journey, look around and discover that you are not alone.




My family with Christian Comedian Bob Smiley May of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment